I'm pleased to have been asked by the Portland Metro Arts Center to document their candid moments leading up to the performance of La Fille Mal Gardee, which is slated to be performed at the elegant Newmark Theater on March 2nd and 3rd.
It's always a challenge to catch 'the decisive moment,' as the great Henri Cartier-Bresson so aptly described, but I love living in the place where intuition, skill, and the fleeting moment meet. Sometimes I can't find that delicate groove...And every once in awhile, I'm pleased with what I've captured.
I look forward to the coming week and to the backstage access to the show (The show itself is very entertaining not to mention that PMA is one of only 6 companies in the world to still perform this particular ballet). If you are interested in tickets, visit http://www.pdxmetroarts.org/performance for details....And here are a few quick images that came out of my first photo shoot of the group.


